Business Is Changing – FAST
In today’s fast-moving and highly interdependent global marketplace, companies are increasingly reliant on complex networks of trading partners, suppliers and outsource service providers to succeed. How effective they are at getting their partners to work together as a seamless, high-performing value chain will ultimately determine customer satisfaction, business performance and value.
Tomorrow’s leaders will transform their extended supply chain into a highly responsive business network of synchronized partners focused on a common objective of satisfying customers better than anyone else. They will be able to sense change faster, adapt faster, innovate faster and deliver what the market is demanding before their competition has time to react. To accomplish such transformation however, requires new software technology platforms and applications specifically designed to address multi-enterprise business collaboration.
Yesterday’s Software Will Not Solve Today’s Problems
Software designed to manage operations within an enterprise cannot be extended to solve the collaborative problems across a network of business partners. The truly integrated business network requires a completely different architecture and set of technologies to support real-time event driven visibility, collaboration and business process execution necessary to react quickly and solve multi-partner supply and fulfillment challenges.
Today’s Collaboration Software
- Must support a new competitive paradigm. The future success of a company will be dictated less by individual effort and more by its ability to be a valued participant in a number of successful supply chains.
- Will have to support a virtual supply chain, with complex multi-partner business processes, that is continually evolving with market demands.
- Requires new technology with flexible architectures and federated data models to enable multi-tier collaborative business process execution. Traditional enterprise software packages are not designed for this capability.
- Can sense and respond rapidly to constant change, to new requirements, new plans and new opportunities. Agility is crucial, as is keeping IT systems and business needs in synch 24/7.
- Support dynamically changing global interaction which requires synchronization across different partners in different time zones – speaking different languages.